Conti Sertoli Salis has been one of the most important and prestigious establishments in Valtellina since it was founded in 1989. The company is based in Tirano, where both the production facility and the original XVII century refining cellars, located inside Palazzo Salis (the historic headquarters of the winery), are situated. The Palazzo's seventeenth century cellars, carved into the rock, are used for longer term ageing in barrels and barriques, and for subsequent refining in bottles. The name Conti Sertoli Salis has been associated with wine production for over 400 years: in the mid 1600s the aristocratic family supplied fine Valtellina wines to the court of the Hapsburg Emperor and to noble Grison families in Valtellina. Its terraced vineyards extend over the Rhaetian side (with East-West orientation and north exposure) for about fifty km and reach up to 700 meters above sea level. Given the shape and positioning of the terraces, vineyard maintenance is carried out manually, as is the harvesting. In keeping with continuity and respect for local production traditions, Conti Sertoli Salis has recovered ancient native vines and developed particular winemaking methods, also thanks to careful technical and historical research, in order to obtain and produce quality wines that are a true expression of the territory. These vineyards provide the Nebbiolo vine (Chiavennasca variety) with the perfect environment to develop its full potential with great elegance and finesse.
The winery encompasses the most important varieties stipulated by production specifications. Fine wines, distinguished on the winemaking landscape by their high quality and excellence
Destination Gusto is an initiative of Intesa Sanpaolo S.p.A., registered office in Piazza San Carlo 156 - 10121 Turin, VAT no. 07999960158
managed on the operational side by B2X S.r.l., based in Roma, Via Tiburtina, 1236, P.IVA 11020591001, firstname.lastname@example.org