White wine - Trento DOC Riserva 2011, Maso Poli | Destination Gusto Shop Online

Trento DOC Riserva 2011

750ml bottle
Trento DOC is the perfect wine for Mediterranean cuisine, made using grapes from the estate's Chardonnay and Pinot Nero vines located at Pressano di Lavis on well-structured moraine and alluvial clay soil. This terrain gives the wine a rich structure with refreshing elegant acidic and mineral notes. The vine training system varies from the classic simple Trentina pergola to vertical-trellised training with guyot pruning. Favourable southwest exposure and limited production are the ideal conditions for the fruit to ripen well. After the fruit is harvested by hand and carefully selected, the whole grapes are pressed to begin the juice extraction stage, using only the free-run juice. This is followed by the cold static decantation of the must and then the fermentation with selected yeasts; 70% is fermented in steel and the remaining 30% in barriques. When fermentation is complete, the wine is aged on the lees until the following spring and bottled in late May, adding the liqueur de tirage for refermentation in the bottle and the aging process continues for 50 months. At the end of the stage of fermentation on the lees, the bottles are turned upside down and yeast is put into the tip of the bottles and then the manual remuage takes place for about a month; at the end it is disgorged and the liqueur d'expedition is added. The result is a wine with an intense bouquet of ripe apples with undertones of crusty bread and yeast, excellent as a classic aperitivo.
Maso Poli, a vocation in wine production, a symbol of Trentino.

You might be interested in…

WHY BUY FROM US?
ONLY THE BEST
​ON YOUR DINING TABLE
The best selection of Italian
wine and food
QUICK DELIVERY
​FREE RETURNS
Express delivery
​Free return within 30 days
FOR YOUR PEACE
OF MIND
Certified payments
​with Banca Intesa Sanpaolo
SPECIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
Toll-free number
​from Monday to Friday